Live like a local at our hotel in Westwood
To the uninitiated, LA seems like a vast sprawl. But once you’re in the know (or have access to savvy scoop from friendly locals, like those on our hotel team), the mosaic of distinct neighborhoods comes into focus. One of our absolute favorites is Westwood Village, a highly walkable community just a few blocks from our hotel, that offers something for everyone. It’s like UCLA’s living room, where students, professors and others shop one-off boutiques, dine in lively eateries, and celebrate life as a local in LA.
Entertainment in Westwood LA
No surprise, this neighborhood is also a cultural hub, where historic theaters, live performance venues, and museums create an artsy enclave with world-class exhibitions, movie premiere screenings, and inspiring performances. Play a starring role in your own LA story by shortlisting some of these Westwood Village and neighboring attractions such as the business district of Century City.
Things to Do in Westwood Los Angeles
- Take advantage of the museums and performing art offerings at UCLA.
- Get your retail fix at the Westfield Century City Mall shopping mecca.
- Explore the Hammer Museum (admission is free), known for its artist-centric and progressive array of exhibitions and public programs.
- Watch an inspiring performance at the Geffen Playhouse, a hub of the LA theater scene since 1995.
- Peruse the powerful exhibits on display at the Annenberg Space for Photography.
- Explore the 7.5-acre Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden (MEMBG) on the UCLA campus.
- Catch a show at the Odyssey Theatre, which showcases a lineup of contemporary and reinvented classic plays.
- In this city of stars, watch your favorites on-screen at venues like iPic Theater, Regency Village Theatre and Landmark’s Regent Theatre (many movie premieres happen in this neighborhood, so keep your eyes peeled).
- Feast your eyes at the renowned Getty Museum, marked by evocative architectural and garden settings found at its two venues: the Getty Villa and the Getty Center.
Best Westwood Restaurants
- Double Take, at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, melds the vibrant energy of west LA’s modern bar scene with an avant-garde approach to classic comfort cuisine you won’t want to miss.
- Enjoy Cali-chic cuisine and wines under airy skylights at Napa Valley Grille.
- Fundamental LA features creative food made from the freshest farmers market ingredients in a welcoming setting.
- In a historic red-brick building, Skylight Gardens serves up dishes where California fresh meets Italian classics.
- Make any LA trip complete with a visit (or several) to In-N-Out Burger.
- Pick up fresh and fast foods at Whole Foods, Ike’s Sandwiches, and Wexler’s Deli.
- At Fellow, dine under dramatically-lit, 30-foot ceilings, a classically designed bar, or upstairs in the Mezzanine for a late-night cocktail.
- Enjoy delicious coffee and casual dining at Australian import Ministry of Coffee.