Ease into our hotel near Santa Monica Pier
The living’s easy in Santa Monica (and this isn’t just “summertime” speak); here you’ll find a thriving, 8.3-square-mile zone of sunshine and laid-back coastal culture. From our hotel, head 4 miles straight down Wilshire Boulevard and discover trendy boutique shops (especially along the Third Street Promenade), cafes, restaurants and bars, plus several popular farmers markets that set up on different days of the week.
Cyclists love the Marvin Braude Bike Trail, also known as The South Bay Bicycle Trail or The Strand — a 22-mile-long, paved trail that starts in Santa Monica and finishes at the Torrance County Beach, passing through Venice, Hermosa, and Redondo beaches along the way. (Bike rentals and tours are available for visitors.) Sunsets in Santa Monica prove the perfect time to find a seat at a beachside table and drink in the pastel sunset while savoring a delicious cocktail and seafood feast.
- Stroll down the vibrant Santa Monica Pier, an ideal spot for sunsets.
- Enjoy the parks, picnic areas, and playgrounds of 3.5-mile-long Santa Monica State Beach.
- Bring your family to Will Rogers State Beach, where popular activities include surfing, surf fishing, sailing, and wind surfing.
- Update your beach wardrobe along the Third Street Promenade.
- Stock up on fresh goods and mingle with local artisans at various farmers markets around town.
- Meat lovers flock to Belcampo, a local farm-to-table restaurant and butcher shop that serves organic, grass-fed meat sourced exclusively from their California farm.
- BOA Steakhouse offers a vibrant, colorful environment and modern-day steakhouse fare.
- Enjoy delicious, local cuisine and rooftop dining (with ocean views!) at The Penthouse.
- Savor small plates and creative cocktails at Bar Chloe.
- At Little Ruby, an Aussie-style café, delight in seasonal salads, sandwiches, and grain bowls.
- Savor fresh seafood and views of the Pacific at Blue Plate Oysterette.
- Highlights at Cora’s Coffee Shoppe include a lovely patio and dishes sourced from the Santa Monica’s Farmers Market.
- At Dogtown Coffee, find rustic, health-conscious dishes like paninis, açai bowls, hearty salads, and beautiful poke creations.